Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Simple Life..?

"Everything we possess that is not necessary for life or happiness becomes a burden, and scarcely a day passes that we do not add to it. ~Robert Brault"

I find myself imagining a life more simple, more fulfilling. Being able to spend more, and more engaged time with those dearest to me.

What do we accomplish with all of the "stuff" we collect? Are we more fulfilled by a life filled with technology that "makes life easier."

Facebook
Twitter
iPhones, iPads, iLife

Does instant, always on communication enhance our lives? Does it allow us to succeed in business where those without wouldn't? Does it give us more time to pursue our passion? On the surface, the obvious answer is yes, but if you look a little closer... hmmmmmm. Clearly the advantages are obvious; Your clients and customers being able to reach you when they have an order or an issue, your family having your ear to share success and trial. However, what is the cost? Distraction from those closest to you. Never enjoying the brilliance and majesty of a sunrise or sunset (unless to capture it in a photograph, to enjoy "later.")

I'm a "screen addict." Going as far as taking the iPad into the toilet in place of the iconic newspaper or magazine. Filling every spare moment connected to the "matrix."  It's always with the best of intentions. Stay abreast on world events, learn new facts, be enlighten about what others are doing (like minded and otherwise) etc... And, I'm here to tell you it works. I know more about what's happening around the world than in my own house,  I can cite facts galore, but have a hard time remembering my kid's teachers names, and I can classify each new person I meet by the were the stand on some important or esoteric issue.

I surely don't have a solution to this. But I'll share these pics of simple things, maybe you can file them away and enjoy them "later."






No comments:

Post a Comment